Post Date: 11/20/2019
Close Date: 12/06/2019
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve the customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
We recognize the lack of diversity in our industry, and we actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices as well as our values. We believe every person and their lived experience is integral to building a vibrant culture and delivering effective services to all customers we serve. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Community Relations Intern will support the Communications and Customer Service group on outreach needs, efforts, systems and processes designed to provide information to community groups, elected officials and other entities about Energy Trust programs and services. The intern would gain knowledge and exposure to public and community engagement processes; Oregon policy-making processes and outcomes, including bill tracking and information sharing; Energy Trust program information; and communications and outreach work to help stakeholders, policy makers and policy implementers understand Energy Trust’s role in helping the state meet its clean energy goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Track state legislative proposals and bills that could impact energy efficiency, renewable energy and/or Energy Trust.
• Assemble information to respond to legislators and other community groups or stakeholders inquiring about energy issues and Energy Trust programs, services and results.
• Support scheduling of informational briefings with legislators, help staff prepare for briefings and attend some briefings.
• Track city and county policy work related to energy efficiency and renewable energy, sometimes in the form of climate policies and community-driven energy campaigns, and capture information in spreadsheets or other tracking tools.
• Gather information and support participation in community-based organization events, memberships, sponsorships and communications to assist with promoting Energy Trust offers and services.
• Gather information on successful outreach and community-based efforts.
• Track on outreach activities conducted by team members in Customer Relationship Management software.
• Assist with a variety of project tasks related to outreach efforts including developing and assembling materials, notetaking, tracking legislation and local policies, researching outreach efforts or information requests, and scheduling and attending briefings, etc.
• Perform all functions of the job in a safe and professional manner.
• College/graduate level coursework in public policy, communications, journalism, business, energy or other relevant experience/degree.
• Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, databases and PowerPoint software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High organizational skills with ability to manage time efficiently while managing multiple tasks.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with frequent interruption.
• Ability to work independently and as a supportive, contributing team member.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this internship. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• This is a temporary, part-time internship, 12-20 hours per week and that is not to exceed 1,000 total hours worked.
• Compensation is $18 per hour.
• This position is not eligible for company benefits.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Community Relations/Policy Intern
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. www.energytrust.org/about/careers/
Complete details: https://www.energytrust.org/about/careers/