Post Date: 09/11/2019
Close Date: 10/11/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time temporary Printing and Duplicating Specialist 1 position. Under direct supervision of the Program Support Supervisor, this position performs specialized technical duties in support of production printing. Shifts will vary Monday-Friday: between 7:30 am-4:30 pm, and may be between 10-17 hours per week depending on department workload.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Operate a scanner, computer and digital printer using hard copies, flash drives, cd, or electronically sent documents.
• Reproduce educational materials, brochures, flyers, signs, postcards, invitations, transparencies, etc.
• Operate a color printer/copier.
• Perform bindery including padding, collating, stapling, numbering, binding (spiral, coil and booklet), and hand or machine folding.
• Operate a computerized cutter using basic math skills and a laminating machine – including mounting and laminating on foam core board.
• Perform delivery service functions: 1- 2 times daily across the college campus using an electric cart. This service includes delivering paper for campus copiers, printers and fax machines, as well as the delivering of printed projects.
• Assist with inventory of printing supplies.
• Package and label printed documents on a daily basis.
• Unload paper deliveries, arrange, and keep stock in an orderly manner.
• Provide customer service to students, colleagues and the college community via phone, email and in person.
• Enter customer requests and process bills using software system.
• Perform related duties as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Current and valid driver’s license.
• Ability to operate high-speed copier/printer and bindery equipment.
• Exceptional customer service skills in-person, on the phone and via written correspondence.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Particularly Word, Publisher and Outlook.
• Ability and willingness to work a variety of hours to meet operational needs and activities of the department, including up to 5 days and 30 hours per week.
• Excellent verbal and written capability including composition, grammar, and spelling; effective oral communication skills to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of diverse people.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability and willingness to bend/stoop/stand/sit for periods of two hours at a time.
• Capacity to perform tasks which require the use of basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy with numbers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• One year of printing and bindery experience; experience operating high-speed copiers.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
1. Describe your experience operating computerized scanning and digital printing equipment or other multi-purpose copying/duplicating equipment. Include the types of jobs you set up and the specific equipment you operated.
2. Describe your experience operating finishing equipment; i.e., computerized paper cutters, folders, bindery equipment, padding devices, punches, stitchers, and numbering machines. Indicate if the equipment was manual or computerized and name the equipment you operated.
3. Describe your experience servicing customers both directly and indirectly. Include the common methods of communication and frequency of interactions.
4. Describe your experience that shows your ability to assist and work with others effectively. Include two examples of how you maintained successful working relationships and/or dealt with difficult situations.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
September 10, 2019
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php