Post Date: 10/25/2019
Close Date: 11/12/2019
Are you passionate about expanding transportation choices? We are recruiting for a senior transportation planner in Region 1 to join our Policy and Development Section! In this role, you will administer local government projects funded by the Transportation and Growth Management Program (TGM) and help manage and operate the program. Apply today to join us in making a difference!
A day in the life:
- Review and evaluate local government TGM pre-applications and applications and recommend grant awards.
- Advise local government staff on the focus of grant applications for projects.
- Coordinate review of statements of work and negotiate the development of project statements of work schedules and budgets
- Establish work teams that include agency expertise to guide local jurisdictions in their program projects.
- Participate on project management teams.
- Administer intergovernmental agreements and contracts.
- Participate in team efforts to consult with ODOT, other state agencies, local governments and contractors about ways to improve the program.
- Establish professional working relationships with local staff to ensure we are aware of local issues and upcoming local planning initiatives and to foster a capacity to work collaboratively on locally generated projects.
- Monitor planning projects initiated by local governments that may lead to zone and plan amendments that affect state transportation facilities.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment with off-site meetings and periodic work at project sites required.
- May interact with groups and individual who may be adversarial at times.
- Evening meetings with local agencies, citizens’ groups, city council meetings, public meetings, etc. required.
What we need:
A bachelor's degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field.
Three (3) years of progressively responsible planning experience related to the job.
Note: A master's degree in regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
Six (6) years of planning experience related to the job.
Note: Course work in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field can substitute for up to two (2) year of the progressively responsible experience.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
Learn more and apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on November 12, 2019.
Please visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-24265 to learn more and to apply. Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.