Post Date: 11/21/2019
Close Date: 12/08/2019
The Youth Monitor works within Volunteers of America Oregon’s Community & Electronic Monitoring Program. The Program is in partnership with the Juvenile Services Division, courts, and other community-based providers to help support youth through tracking and monitoring in their community and/or home in lieu of incarceration.
This position is responsible for monitoring youth referred into the program to ensure that conditions of release are being complied with, to assess the nature of the activities of the juvenile in the community, and to ensure public safety and that the youth returns to court. This position requires an extensive amount of driving throughout Multnomah County, and also requires ability to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of two years of experience working with youth in a monitoring situation. Equivalent training, supervisory, management, or direct service experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
• Bilingual (Spanish-English) oral and written proficiency is required.
• Training and experience in the issues faced by at-risk or high-risk youth and families in the community and the developmental and cognitive stages of youth as well as emotional, social, and physical issues affecting youth.
• An understanding of the juvenile justice system and Multnomah County’s network of community supports and agencies.
• Excellent collaboration and problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex systems
• Ability to maintain electronic records.
• Basic knowledge of ethical conduct, professional boundaries and confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally.
• Computer literate, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Cultural competence working within Latino community.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• An active driver’s license, current insurance, reliable vehicle, and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Schedule: This is a full time position; 40 hrs. per week; Hours vary depending on the need. The program operates between 8 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. daily.
Compensation: $15.60/hr + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers