Post Date: 10/25/2019
Close Date: 11/10/2019
TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER FOR CAMPAIGNS
SUMMARY: The Operations Manager for Campaigns (OMC) develops, directs, manages, and coordinates systems, process, execution, and reporting for the implementation of the Oregon Symphony’s campaign initiatives.
The position provides project management and administrative support to the Senior Director of Campaigns (SDC) in addressing the Oregon Symphony’s campaign goals.
Position requires the flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential responsibilities include management of campaign operations, plus senior staff support for the SDC and the Vice President for Development (VPD). The position duties include:
1. Provide the SDC and VPD with strategic and tactical support for campaigns, and their respective policies and procedures.
2. Develop and manage campaign operating plans and timetables, and oversee the implementation of all campaign operation activities.
3. In consultation with the SDC and the VPD, develop, implement, and oversee systems to drive, track and manage campaign reporting, prospecting/pipeline, peer prospect review, fundraising strategies, and donor stewardship. Work with senior leadership team, board, campaign volunteers, and staff to track and report measurable progress toward campaign goals and other high-priority fundraising initiatives.
4. Maintain strong relationships and communication with the senior leadership team, volunteer leaders, and other key stakeholders in support of campaign activities.
5. In consultation with the SDC, develop and implement campaign recognition and acknowledgment programs, and collaborate with the director of events to plan special campaign cultivation and stewardship events.
6. Provide executive support to the SDC for campaign planning and execution, including managing and tracking fundraising strategies, donor solicitations, and stewardship of high-level constituents. Oversee strategic deployment of the SDC’s time and smooth operation of the SDC’s calendar of priority activities including cultivation/solicitation appointments and contact reports, including but not limited to anticipating deadlines, preparing draft documents, proposals and communiques, and conducting select stewardship contacts.
7. Coordinate with the president’s executive assistant in scheduling the president’s campaign visits and/or hosted events and appearances. Ensure timely communication/information with the president’s executive assistant to prepare the president’s participation.
8. Develop and coordinate select special projects and activities among the president’s office, development office, and key internal/external constituents in support of campaigns.
9. Represent the SDC at specified meetings, and/or participate in development team meetings and on other committees/task forces, as directed.
10. As time permits, provide executive support to the VPD. Other duties as assigned.
This position requires outstanding skills in project design and management, administrative systems and reporting, collaborative relationship building, and complex and sensitive internal and external communications.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA); basic understanding of fundraising and at least one year of related experience; Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Exceptional skills in project design and management, administrative systems and reporting; and organizational skills; self-starter; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; adept at working in a fast-paced arts environment.
• Excellent customer service focus and skills; ability to collaborate effectively across teams, manage and grow relationships, interact effectively/empathetically and build rapport with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Familiarity with the use and applications of a donor database software, and programs in the Microsoft Office suite with particular strength in Excel, are essential. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
• Quantitative and logic skills; ability to budget and forecast with accuracy. Positive, imaginative, and pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
• Sense of humor required. Passion for live symphonic music a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please. Position is open until filled.
Complete details: https://www.orsymphony.org/about/careers/