Post Date: 02/20/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
The Relief Residential Counselor/Crisis Intake Specialist is a temporary position providing substitute coverage for a program within the organization. This position oversees the day-to-day operation of our shelter facility. The position provides individualized youth care, planning, supervision of daily routine, individual and group
counseling, crisis intervention, and close intensive supervision of clients. Relief Residential Counselors participate in team decisions regarding treatment of clients and issues related to facility operation.
SCHEDULE: Relief Residential Counselors/Crisis Intake Specialists work on an as-needed, sporadic basis to fill shifts that are available
due to staff absences or temporary vacancies. The program is staffed 24/7 so flexibility in availability to
cover a wide variety of shifts, including overnights, weekends and holidays, is strongly desired. In
accordance with Agency policy, a Relief Worker who does not work for 6 consecutive months will no longer
be considered an active employee and will need to be rehired before resuming work.
WAGE/BENEFITS: Beginning wage is $13.60/hour. Janus offers an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance; EAP; 401(k) and paid time off (varied eligibility waiting periods apply). Voluntary optional coverages are also available.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter through Paycom:
Relief Residential Counselor https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=44672&clientkey=B2769BCD28C361F478D256B9462A3454
Relief Crisis Intake Specialist https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=44674&clientkey=B2769BCD28C361F478D256B9462A3454
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we can contact only those applicants who are invited to interview. If it happens that you are not contacted to arrange an interview, please know that we are grateful for your interest in employment opportunities at Janus Youth Programs.
Janus Youth Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Find out more about Janus at our website, www.janusyouth.org!
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
• Prior experience working with adolescents in a residential treatment setting preferred.
• Advanced education, training, and experience are preferred to effectively conduct the responsibilities of the position.
• Preference may be extended to current employees of Janus Youth Programs, Inc.
• Must value working in a multicultural/diverse environment.
• Ability to work effectively in the following areas: Cultural diversity: team-dependent models; crisis management; systemic theory; strength based theoretical orientation; adolescent development; and family reunification. Ability to work effectively may be demonstrated through academic experience, job experience, references, and interview answers.
• Extensive exercise of independent and team coordinated discretion and judgment.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and within a team-dependent environment.
• Openness to feedback and supervision.
• Ability to climb at least two flights of stairs.
• Ability to walk at least one mile in order to accompany youth on outings.
• Ability to accurately read, record, and interpret information.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to provide visual and auditory supervision of clients.
• Ability to stay calm, alert, and emotionally available in an environment serving adolescents.
• Ability to perform and/or supervise routine household task (cleaning, cooking, emptying trash)
• Ability to exercise tact, discretion & judgment in working with a variety of people.
• Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries in working with others and in handling confidential information.
• Ability to stay awake and alert throughout assigned shift.
• Ability to regularly attend scheduled shifts and meetings, be punctual for all shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming the responsibilities of the position.
• Manual/physical dexterity allowing for performance of routine office and household tasks, such as phone use, computer use, faxing, copying, filing, bending, lifting, etc.
• Driving is required; drives agency vehicle and/or a personal vehicle for travel and/or transport clients required. All employees who drive for work purposes must have and maintain a valid driver's license for state of residency, have a driving record that permits coverage under the corporate auto liability policy, and complete the agency's driving approval process before driving for work. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes drivers must also have personal auto liability coverage ($100,000/$300,000 levels strongly recommended). Employees are not to drive for work purposes until they have received written authorization to do so.
• Bloodborne Pathogens training is required on first day of employment and annually thereafter.
• Must complete Mandatory Abuse Training within the first 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
• Provides emergency first-aid, as needed, and must have and maintain standard first-aid/CPR certification.
• Must pass criminal history background check.
• Food Handler's Certification required within 5 days of hire.
• May involve exposure to communicable diseases, including a variety of illnesses and infections such as the common cold, TB, Hepatitis, flu, meningitis, and HIV.
• May involve exposure to upset, angry, severely traumatized or emotionally disturbed children, adolescents and families.
• May involve time in excess of routine schedule and/or overtime, including evening/overnight, and/or weekend hours, and/or holidays.
• May require working and providing services at locations other than program site (i.e., restaurant, café', clients' apartments, etc.,) and may, therefore, be exposed to environments not under agency control (i.e., second-hand smoke, varying hygiene practices, etc.).
This position description is intended to give the reader a general idea of the overall purpose and the main activities and responsibilities that are intrinsic to this position. While this description is intended to be representative, it is not intended to be limiting.
DIVERSITY SPOKEN HERE - JANUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER