Post Date: 03/29/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Warner Pacific University’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: The Head Women’s Soccer Coach is a part-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Director of Athletics. This position is responsible for administering the sport in the best interest of the University, in concurrence with the policies and regulations approved by the Board of Trustees and the practices and procedures of the University administration, as well as the Cascade Collegiate Conference and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) rules and regulations.
• Manages and directs all aspects of the program.
• Recruits student-athletes by following University and NAIA policies and meets University goals for roster size.
• Maintains recruiting reporting via current reporting platforms.
• Recruits and hires assistant coaches.
• Creates practice plans and executes accordingly.
• Maintains budget operations and follows expenditure procedures.
• Coordinates fundraising efforts and follows University and departmental policies.
• Coordinates team travel arrangements including reservation and operation of vehicles, lodging, and meals with the Director of Athletics.
• Monitors academic progress of student-athletes.
• Establishes public relations efforts of the program.
• Coordinates team community service activities.
• Demonstrates interest in/aptitude for good sportsmanship, maintaining poise/self-control, teaching team to play hard yet fairly.
• Welcoming host to visiting teams, coaches, officials, and spectators.
• Disciplines student-athletes when necessary.
• Ensures student-athletes practice good sportsmanship and abide by team/departmental policies.
• Ensures knowledge and compliance of current University, Cascade Collegiate Conference (CCC), and NAIA policies and procedures.
• Responsible for working with athletic administrators for game management.
• Follows departmental and University policies and procedures in regards to expenditures
• Responsible for inventory of University-owned equipment and uniforms.
• Works closely with Sports Information Director for game management, statistics, releases, recommendations of student-athletes for awards and special recognition.
• Works closely with Director of Athletics on all eligibility and compliance issues.
• Responsible to report any potential NAIA violations directly to the Director of Athletics.
• Works closely with Athletic Training office for ongoing care, strength & conditioning, and injury prevention of student-athletes.
• Participates in NSCAA, US Soccer and Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities when appropriate.
• Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
• Contributes to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
• Participates in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
• Adheres to University policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
• Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree
• Coaching experience in a high school or collegiate environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communication
• Ability to travel 50-75% during the season
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently
• Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt and work effectively in a varied-paced or fast-paced environment
• Master degree
• Head or Assistant coaching experience in a collegiate environment
• Experience recruiting student-athletes
• National “C” License or Higher or NSCAA Coaching Education Level 3 or higher
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. We, therefore, encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
To Apply: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs. Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references