Post Date: 01/23/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work as educators. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
Position Title: Interim Music Teacher (1-Year Position)
Department: Lower School
FTE: 1.0 (Exempt)
Reports to: Beginning and Lower School Head
The interim Lower School Music Teacher teaches music to 1st through 5th grade students. This is a one-year position to allow time for the Lower School to create a vision and job description for a permanent music teacher.
• Implement a music program for 1st through 5th grade, including singing, playing Orff and percussion instruments, and instruction in basic musical concepts appropriate to the grade and developmental level of the students
• Use a variety of instructional methods to create dynamic, engaging lessons, which support a diversity of learners
• Prepare performance opportunities
• Collaborate with homeroom teachers to coordinate learning experiences
• Foster a classroom environment where students feel comfortable to take risks, make mistakes, and be curious
• Work in partnership with students and their families
• Practice thoughtful, respectful, and effective classroom management techniques which support active learning and promote responsibility, self-management, and positive relationships
• Maintain frequent contact with families including blog posts, emails, meetings, and informal conversations
• Write progress reports and participate in parent/teacher conferences.
• Attend all faculty and community meetings
• Supervise students during recess and other non-class times
• Participate fully in the life of the school
• Bachelor’s Degree (in Education or Music)
• 3 Years of Elementary Music teaching experience
• Piano proficiency
• Masters Degree (in Education or Music)
• Orff training
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx