Post Date: 09/05/2019
Close Date: 10/18/2019
Oregon Community Foundation
Since 1973 Oregon Community Foundation’s (OCF) mission has been to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. We work with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create charitable funding that supports the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. OCF has become one of the nation’s largest community foundations, awarding more than $107 million last year in grants and scholarships. We are a non-profit organization with headquarters in Portland and regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon
We have an open position for a full time (35 hours per week) Regional Coordinator to provide general administrative support to the regional office in Medford.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Serve as receptionist and office coordinator for the Medford office. This would include greeting and assisting guests, answering the main phone, retrieve and distribute mail and faxes.
• Maintain a clean orderly environment for staff and guests.
• Filing and record maintenance, assist with calendar and meeting schedules.
• Process expense reports, check requests and donor contributions.
• Assist with annual budget preparation.
• Support planning activities and execution of outreach events in the region, including Leadership Council meetings.
• Provide hospitality, meeting materials and technology support for prospect, donor, professional advisor, volunteer and staff meetings.
• Perform data entry and maintain records for prospects, donors, community leaders, professional advisors and nonprofit organizations.
• Assist with prospect and donor research and tracking.
• Prepare and process routine correspondence and handle inquiries from a variety of constituents.
• Produce customized reports using OCF’s database, Excel, Word and other related programs.
• Attend development department meetings and retreats throughout the state.
• Provide backup for other staff and perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires:
• Three years’ administrative office experience to include experience in Development, Donor Relations or Volunteer Management.
• One year of event planning experience required.
• Two years’ experience using and managing constituent management software systems.
• Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree.
• Excellent time management skills, able to prioritize conflicting needs, shift priorities as needed, handle matters expeditiously and proactively and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with strict deadlines.
• Good analytical skills – able to think critically, understand and communicate the situation and offer alternatives.
• Advanced knowledge of administrative procedures, including familiarity with budgeting and accounting procedures and ability to gather and analyze data and produce concise reports.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet.
• Excellent customer service skills- provide competent, courteous service to both internal and external customers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Possess cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams and communities.
• Current Drivers License
• Please review the full Job Description for more details.
Keyboarding proficiency and basic computer work requiring use of keyboard for several hours at a time. Attendance at and travel to occasional weekend and evening events. Occasional travel to the Portland office. Occasionally lift or move objects of moderate weight (e.g., boxes of printed materials, supplies or meeting tables) and assorted items needed for meeting setup. Ability to sit or stand for several hours at a time.
Compensation and Benefits:
The pay rate for this position starts at $20 per hour. Our excellent benefit package includes generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental coverage, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, commuter and healthcare pre-tax savings accounts, employer paid disability and life. Employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, professional development opportunities, a 35-hour work week and much more!
Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
We are accepting applications through September 23, 2019. Please include a cover letter with your resume addressing your interest and your qualifications related to the position duties. Please go to our website to apply: https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careers.
Complete details: https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careers