Post Date: 02/21/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Clark County Public Works looks for people who can grow, think, lead and inspire. We seek leaders, achievers and doers who bring skill, passion and commitment to public service.
In this Finance Manager position with Public Works, you will provide executive and operational finance support to the Director, Deputy Director and the division leadership. Supervise, plan, direct and evaluate the daily activities and workflow of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals. You will also be the liaison between Public Works and other county work units (including the County Manager’s Office, County Auditor, and County Central Budget) and external auditors.
Primary responsibilities include:
Provide strategic financial support to the Director, Deputy Director and Division leaders, budget tracking and monitoring; coordination and facilitation of division communication, scheduling and coordination support
Providing direct staff supervision and team support using reflective practices
Monitoring team workloads, priorities and communication to ensure accurate and timely deliverables
Planning, coordinating, leading and directing the Department’s external financial audits
Planning, coordinating, leading and directing the Department’s fiscal year-end closing activities
Reviewing, advising, and monitoring accounting practices and internal controls of work conducted outside of the Finance Unit
This position is open until filled with a first review date of March 4, 2020.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, business administration, or a related field
• Five years of increasingly responsible accounting or finance experience
• Two years supervisory or lead responsibility
• CPA Certified highly desirable
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Ability to promote a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and values
• Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of finance, accounting, grants management and contract management
• Ability to successfully complete duties and assignments that are complex, difficult and varied
• Ability to collaborate, build relationships and lead a team to achieve positive work outcomes
• Ability to embrace change, to tolerate ambiguity and turbulence, and to model these competencies for others
HOW TO APPLY:
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clark County is committed to increasing the ethnic, cultural and social diversity of its workforce and ensuring that diversity is a key priority of our organization. We are committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Clark County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is available at http://www.clark.wa.gov/human-resources/documents
If you are in need of ADA/Section 504 assistance for accommodations, please contact Human Resources at (360) 397-2456; Relay (800) 833-6388.
Salary Grade: M2.827 ($6,543.00 - $9,244.00) per month
Close Date: Open Until Filled