Post Date: 01/30/2019
Close Date: 02/15/2019
Space Science Educator
19 hours per week
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Are you passionate about space science and enjoy presenting to the public? Are you experienced in presenting educational programming? Consider being a Space Science Educator for the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)! The Space Science Educator is responsible for the console operation of public astronomy and laser shows in the Planetarium. You’ll implement interpretive programming for the visiting public, including schools, families, children, and adults through both structured interpretive programs and casual interpretative experiences, as well as be part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Working knowledge of Science and Engineering process skills.
• Minimum 2 years delivering educational programming.
• Minimum of one-year experience teaching in an informal setting (museum, zoo, nature preserve).
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• $12.38 - $13.15 per hour, depending on experience.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/307681.html
Position closes February 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/307681.html