Post Date: 12/20/2018
Close Date: 02/20/2019
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The mission of the Resource Development (RD) department is to advance the organization’s strategic goals and support our worldwide team by raising flexible funds, profile and influence. The RD team encompasses several dozen dynamic professionals who possess a wide range of skills. We are gift officers, direct response fundraisers, web developers, marketers and media relations strategists. We are database managers, digital specialists, creative designers, storytellers and teachers. Most of all, we are passionate about Mercy Corps’ mission and believe a better world is possible.
General Position Summary
The Digital Analyst’s primary responsibility is the management and reporting of data to provide insights into website / digital property usage and campaign performance for stakeholders, including but not limited to Mass Market Fundraising, Digital Optimization, Brand Marketing and Content Strategy.
The Digital Analyst leads the integration and analysis of digital data from multiple sources to identify trends and new opportunities while answering key business questions about audience behavior and needs. The goal of the position is to increase Mercy Corps’ donor base through improved experiences on digital properties by advocating for the user experience. This involves serving reports and analysis to internal audiences, creating unified data definitions, standardizing sources, and integrating digital data into other reporting platforms like the Resource Development Data Warehouse.
The Digital Analyst works with stakeholders throughout the strategy development process for campaigns and evergreen online efforts, establishing definitions of key metrics, building common understanding of KPIs and reporting on results.
Reporting will include generating dashboards, workbooks, presenting information to stakeholders and building documentation. Experience and ease translating jargon to groups with varying levels of digital sophistication is important.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Find the story in the metrics; create and communicate quantitative and qualitative findings by analyzing data from multiple sources.
• Create regular analytics findings and actionable recommendations using data from Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, VWO, ActionKit, Raiser’s Edge and more.
• Work with stakeholders to develop agreed-upon data definitions, KPIs and metrics for campaigns and other online efforts.
• Analyze website activity and provide actionable recommendations around improving site experiences, conversion funnels.
• Derive insights from A/B and multivariate testing to help support site experience improvements in partnership with the Digital Fundraising and Digital Optimization teams.
• Serve as an analytics evangelist and coach across the organization helping others to understand how to use data to inform their work.
• Identify additional business questions that new reporting should answer while collaborating to source data to meet requirements.
• Work with internal team members and external vendor partners to refine and build on current analytics; integrating Google Analytics with other online data for example.
• Maintain / further develop existing dashboards and build new ones.
• Work with technical partners to automate data flows and reduce reliance on manual data work.
• Other duties as required.
As part of Mercy Corps’ agency-wide Organizational Learning Initiative, all team members are responsible for spending 5% of their work time in formal and/or non-formal professional learning activities.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly To: Business Intelligence Developer
Works Directly With: Digital Fundraising team; Digital Optimization team, Brand Marketing, Content Strategy, Development Operations Team, other stakeholders across organization as needed
Knowledge and Experience
• B.A. or B.S. in a related field
• Advanced Google Analytics skills required including Data Studio & Google Tag Manager.
• Current Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Google Analytics API from both an implementation and reporting perspective.
• At least three years’ experience working in a Digital Marketing environment, with a strong understanding of Digital analytics required end-to-end — from implementation, to validation and quality assurance, to providing reporting and actionable insights.
• At least one year of experience formally presenting analytics to diverse stakeholders with varying levels of digital expertise required.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and data analysis skills (including basic understanding of statistics) required.
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to create reports and presentations for multiple audiences.
• Basic R or Python or both helpful but not required.
• Experience working with third-party digital traffic platforms & website optimization tools such as VWO or Optimizely for A/B and multivariate testing preferred.
• Strong knowledge of digital tools, platforms, solutions and technologies that support digital projects.
• Knowledge of marketing solutions (organic and paid) on social media platforms.
• Social media analytics a plus; user testing experience a plus.
We are looking for someone with an inherent curiosity, a knack for asking insightful questions, and a passion for solving complex problems using analytical thinking and an understanding of the organization’s mission and business goals. This person reports valid data and meaningful insights regarding Mercy Corps’ external websites. S/he shows strong proficiency in data analysis and related tools. They demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to work both independently and cooperatively with team members. S/he is always learning about new developments in the field and communicates emerging trends to team.
Complete details: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ovK68fwd&s=Partners_in_Diversity