Post Date: 02/21/2020
Close Date: 04/03/2020
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are hiring an experienced full-time Behavioral Health Therapist to provide mental health treatment to LGBTQ+ individuals and their families; people affected and infected with HIV/AIDS; and the community at large at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health, http://www.prismhealth.org. Prism Health offers a safe, affirming, and non-judgmental space where all members of the LGBTQ+ community can obtain compassionate and culturally affirming primary care.
The Behavioral Health Therapist is responsible for providing comprehensive, client focused mental health assessment and treatment utilizing individual, group and family modalities to LGBTQ+ clients and their families; people affected and infected with HIV/AIDS; and the community at large.
This individual will work at Prism Health, in SE Portland. This is a full-time, 1.0 FTE position with full benefits. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Provide high quality outpatient mental health treatment for; LGBTQ+ clients and their families; clients who have HIV/AIDS and their families; and the community at large.
• Utilize skills in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and other best practice interventions.
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals involved in caring for shared clients by participating in team staff meetings.
• Complete comprehensive, client focused assessments, treatment plans and treatment evaluations with all clients.
• Conduct risk assessments and develop client safety plans; provide crisis intervention.
• Development and facilitation of support groups and therapy groups.
• Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
• Maintain client records as directed by agency policies and procedures.
• Document work with clients in electronic health record accurately and within two business days of service provision.
• Complete a minimum of 10 hours a year of HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ+ specific training to keep informed about current research and psychotherapy interventions.
• Must have knowledge of, sensitivity to, interest in, and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices; a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community, and people experiencing poverty.
• Minimum of Master’s degree in social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy or Doctorate in psychology required.
• Minimum of LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or psychologist licensure required and eligible to bill 3rd party payers. Therapists will be expected to code visits as appropriate through our electronic health record (OCHIN Epic) in order to bill insurance.
• Operate in accordance with established professional standards and guidelines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
• Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
• Knowledge of and adherence to professional standards and ethics.
• Strong initiative & self-starter with the ability to effectively solve problems
• Ability to work independently with accountability; exercise sound judgment and discretion
• Ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships across a multicultural spectrum of organizations and professionals
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations
• Available to travel and work evening/weekend hours
• Post-master’s experience providing treatment in health/mental health/substance abuse setting preferred.
• Verbal and written fluency in Spanish
• Experience working with Epic (EHR)
• Experience working in human/social services
• Experience working with Oregon Health Plan (OHP)
• Insurance coding experience
Compensation: position starts at $59,450 annually for 1.0 FTE; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed on a continuing basis. Applications will continue being accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following documents:
1) A complete cover letter and resume (attached as Word or pdf) that explicitly addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications.
2) A completed CAP Employment application (application is available at www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Behavioral Health Therapist – Full Time
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://www.capnw.org/careers