Post Date: 07/08/2019
Close Date: 08/08/2019
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
We're seeking an Access Coordinator II to join our Referral and Intake team to assist children and their families in accessing our services! As an Access Coordinator for Kerr, you'll ensure accurate assessment and placement of referred children by working directly with families and guardians to guide them through admission processes and help them obtain services. To produce positive outcomes of treatment for patients served, you'll work efficiently to conduct referral screening, patient admission, and coordination and transitions of care. You'll also work in liaison with county or state referral sources, perform community outreach, and coordinate pre-authorization processes to collect for services rendered. By building great working relationships with community agencies, families, physicians, state and county agencies, and peers, you'll ensure children and their families can easily access the innovative services at Kerr.
If you're an experienced mental health professional, with a knack for providing outstanding customer service, and have a passion for helping children and their families, we encourage you to apply at AlbertinaKerr.org/Careers!
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral sciences field; Or, a combination of three years relevant work, education, training, and experience to qualify as a QMHA.
- At least one year of medical office experience providing customer service.
- At least one year of experience with medical authorizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational, decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Experience using Electronic Health Records (EHR) system; preferably Epic Hyperspace experience with ADT/Grand Central, referral, and Web-I functions.
- Knowledge of Lean practices in the workplace.
- Knowledge of insurance entities and mental health programs and systems in Oregon and Washington.
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision employee benefits
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid holidays
- Personal accrued leave (PAL)
- 401(k) with employer-matching
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
About Employment at Kerr
- We maintain a drug- and alcohol-free workplace
- Criminal background checks are required as an initial condition of employment and periodically to maintain employment
- We are an equal opportunity employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, or other factors protected by law
- Individuals with disabilities can request accommodation in the application and employment process by contacting 503-262-0145