Post Date: 10/01/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Medical Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Clinic
REPORTS TO: Care Team Manager/Care Coordinator
SALARY: $18.25 Hourly
SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Saturday 12:00pm-8:30pm
SUMMARY: The Medical Assistant (MA) plays a critical role in patient care. MAs work to support providers and patients throughout the patient visit and are also integral members of the patient care team. MAs provide patient-centered care and work closely with clerical staff, clinical staff, Care Team Managers, admissions specialists, RNs and providers.
1. High School or GED required.
2. AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) or NCCT (National Center for
Competency Testing) MA certification required.
3. In lieu of certification, willingness and ability to obtain and successfully complete AAMA or
NCCT certification within three months of hire date.
4. Completion of all coursework for a Certificate-level Medical Assistant program accredited by
the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational programs (CAAHEP) or ABHES
5. Certified Medical Assistants preferred.
6. Minimum of one (1) year recent, verifiable medical assistant experience within a health care
setting, with a behavioral health setting preferred.
7. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
8. Previous experience working with under-served populations, specifically people without
stable housing, preferred.
9. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
10. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in a program of recovery and able to
provide demonstration of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
11. Must have the ability to read labels and distinguish between colors.
12. Must be physically able to walk, bend, stoop, be on feet for long periods of time, twist,
kneel, reach, squat, pull, lift heavy patients or objects and climb stairs several times a day.
13. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
14. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
15. Must possess the ability to effectively interact with co-workers and patients with diverse
ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and
sexual orientations and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs