Post Date: 01/10/2017
Close Date: 07/31/2017
Director of Equity, Inclusion and Sanctuary
Full Time, Full Benefits
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don't hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
The Director of Equity, Inclusion and Sanctuary will guide and coordinate implementation of key organizational culture change initiatives aimed at positively impacting our workplace experience, our clinical practice, and client outcomes. Organizational equity and inclusion initiatives will be designed/maintained to build internal capacity to serve eligible families in the service area in line with anti-oppressive practice standards. This position will lead the organization's ongoing implementation of the Sanctuary Model comprised of the four pillars: Trauma Theory, Seven Commitments (core values), S.E.L.F. (Safety, Emotions, Loss, Future), and a Tool Kit of daily practices. This position works with all levels of the organization assisting in creation and maintenance of a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Director will build and foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders, serve as an ex-officio member of the Equity Advisory Council and culturally specific Resource Groups, as well as a member of the Sanctuary Steering Committee. This position is a member of the senior leadership team.
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties for this position is as follows:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work or equivalent training, education and experience in behavioral health.
• Eight years experience actively developing solutions and implementing strategies with focus on equity and inclusion resource efforts in an organization serving a diverse population.
• Five years demonstrated experience in supervision, management or leadership.
• Experience in training/curriculum development.
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check
• Must meet agency driving requirements
Director of Equity, Inclusion and Sanctuary: $37.53 to $38.46
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code "DS-901" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you're applying for the Director position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
twitter.com/morrisoncfs or @morrisoncfs
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position