Post Date: 10/08/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Part-Time, Pro-Rated Benefits
(24 hours weekly)
Provides supervision to Child Care Workers for Early Childhood Program parenting groups and organizational support to groups. Job duties include hiring, scheduling, training, meal support, and on-site coaching/mentoring of childcare workers, as well as developing childcare programming and general program support. Childcare is provided for children while parents attend parent education program.
About the Program:
Our Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation program provides prevention services, including Child and Family Consultation and Program-Level Consultation, in Multnomah County and the City of Portland. We serve young (birth to 5 years of age) children, their families, and early care and education staff in early childhood settings that include: Head Start, Early Head Start, childcare centers, and family home childcare providers.
The program supports early childhood care and education staff to build capacity to support children’s social and emotional skills. This includes providing staff training and development, regarding general early childhood social, emotional, and behavioral issues, and support for managing early behavioral challenges in preschool children. We also provide teacher assessments and coaching, using evidence-based models to build early care and education staff’s capacity to improve classroom practices.
Schedule: Part-time, year-round position (24 hours/week). Work hours: approximately noon to 8:30 pm over 3 days during September through June. July and August: work hours negotiable
Education and Work Experience:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Services or related field or equivalent education and experience preferred.
• Two years’ experience working with children and families, preferably in a childcare setting or comparable experience organizing events.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Must pass DHS criminal history check.
• Provides emergency first-aid, as needed, and maintains a current infant/child first-aid/CPR certification.
• Meets agency driving requirments
Starting Pay Range:
Childcare Supervisor $16.14-$17.16
Childcare Supervisor (Bilingual) $17.59-$18.71
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Childcare Supervisor” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Childcare Supervisor
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
No phone calls please
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/childcare-supervisor/