Post Date: 11/01/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
The Staff Accountant will have responsibilities which include a variety of general accounting activities and functions such as financial statement preparation, account, bank and report reconciliations and analysis, as well as development of desktop procedures.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Duties can include one or several of the following:
• Prepares required monthly journal entries on a timely basis to record appropriate accruals and reclass transactions as appropriate.
• Maintains and reconciles various balance sheet accounts on a timely basis and ensures their accuracy by preparing all necessary documentation for reconciling journal entries.
• Accurately prepares components of basic corporate and subsidiary financial statements.
• Accurately gathers, validates, and summarizes accounting or statistical data.
• A variety of jobs to provide back-up capabilities.
Additional General Functions for Staff Accountant II:
• Prepares major sections of monthly corporate and subsidiary financial statements (both GAAP and SAP) by ensuring accurate and timely data entry of financial information from various system and manual sources. Reviews, analyzes, investigates and reports on significant fluctuations between financial statements of different time periods.
• Provides internal and external auditors with consolidated reconciliations, schedules and adjustments, including explanations and answering questions necessary to complete the annual audit. Investigates any unusual transactions or activities. Coordinates with other Company departments to resolve inaccuracies.
• Performs analysis on cost trends and allocations; proposes and implements updates to allocation tables as appropriate.
• Mentors new team members on Cambia policies, assists in onboarding as requested.
• Prepares ad-hoc analyses as requested.
• The Staff Accountant I will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to think analytically and to make sound judgments from analysis.
• Ability to plan and organize own work.
• Ability to work flexible hours during periods of heavy workloads.
• Technologically competent and able to learn new systems currently used by the Company.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of staff and management.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with stakeholders.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Staff Accountant II:
• The Accountant II will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of accounting knowledge in the following areas:
• Financial Reporting and General Accounting: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) for Health
Care Service Contractors and Health Maintenance Organizations as promulgated by the NAIC.
Ability to problem solve questions related to assigned functions (including proposed answers).
This is a multiple level position depending on experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Complete details: https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/26118/staff-accountant/job