Post Date: 10/28/2019
Close Date: 11/25/2019
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Architect with strong Business Intelligence Skills to join an excellent team, implement BI/Visualization tools and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Business Intelligence “BI” Service Architect you will be responsible for analyzing, implementing and supporting Business Intelligence and Visualization tools to aid business staff with making informed decisions.
In this role, you will help create service and support models, as well as provide scalable services for BI Visualizations practices and tools. You will be the content coordinator for the BI Collaboration sites. You will be responsible for service artifacts like the service charter and the service operations and transition plans. You will be also be accountable for change management approvals and service communications.
Additionally, you will be responsible for helping the platform architect in determining platform functionality, critical requirements, proper configurations and maintenance schedules for ongoing system availability. You will also act as a mentor for other agency staff whom support, utilize and are adopting these systems.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience involving Business Intelligence and Reporting. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience involving Business Intelligence and Reporting. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience involving Business Intelligence and Reporting. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND One (1) year of information systems experience involving Business Intelligence and Reporting. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• 1-3 years of experience with BI and reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SAP BO, SSRS and Crystal Reports.
• 1-3 years of SQL experience.
• Previous Project Management experience.
• Proactive planning skills.
• Strong working knowledge developing and supporting an IT service.
• Ability to drive adoption of the BI/Visualization tools within the organization by consistently taking high-level, customer driven ideas and turning them into actionable requirements through in-depth operational analytics.
• Desire to work with a diverse group of developers to aid in their adoption of the agency BI tools.
• Experience using modern source control systems, testing practices, code and design review tools and processes.
• Knowledge and experience with ITIL based service design, operations and transition to drive implementation standards and guidelines. ITIL 4 foundations certification will be gained while on the job.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Solid understanding and experience with a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to work with little guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with unit’s technical standards, practices, frameworks and paradigms.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.