Post Date: 06/07/2019
Close Date: 06/17/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Asset Management Coordinator to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an IT Asset Management Coordinator, you will procure, track and manage Information Technology (IT) assets for the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Shared Services. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills and abilities.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating the procurement processes for IT assets, completing complex procurement packets for IT assets, and working closely with staff, managers, directors and project team leads on a frequent basis. You will be part of the Office of Information Services (OIS), Business Operations section.
Additionally, you will be responsible for installing and tracking software, resolving problems with contracted vendors and processing orders for IT purchases not under contract or those requiring a Request for Proposal. You will also manage inventory.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are interested in becoming our new IT Asset Management Coordinator, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Two (2) years of information systems experience. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field.
• Working knowledge of commonly used application software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• Outstanding customer service skills with a high degree of responsiveness to customer requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving and consultative skills.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Previous experience in inventory management.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.