Post Date: 07/15/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
Close Date: Open Until Filled
***Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume to their application in order to be considered for this opportunity.***
TITLE: Coding Specialist
DEPARTMENT: CCC Health Services / Billing and Business Systems Information Dept
REPORTS TO: Primary Care Coding and Insurance Supervisor
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
SUMMARY: The primary function of this position is to perform ICD9-CM\ICD10, CPT and HCPCS coding for reimbursement. The coder will be responsible to review, analyze, code diagnostic, procedural information and abstract medical information, including final diagnoses and procedures, from an Electronic Medical Record for financial reimbursement and data reporting purposes to ensure reimbursement and contractual reporting accuracy. This ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies and reporting regulation guidelines. The qualified candidate for this position will be a certified coder with a current CPC.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required.
3. ICD-10 training required; certificate preferred
4. Two years experience reviewing, abstracting, and coding medical records using ICD-9\10 CM and CPT\HCPCS coding.
5. Experience with Electronic Health Records. Centricity preferred.
6. Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience preferred
7. Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance billing and reimbursement processes with emphasis on Oregon Health Authority.
8. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test and background check.
10. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be currently clean and sober.
11. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers in a team atmosphere, clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientations, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs