Post Date: 10/14/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: On Call Alcohol & Drug Counselor I or II
SALARY: $18.46-$22.58 Hourly DOE
SCHEDULE: On-Call, Variable schedule
SUMMARY: The A&D Counselor works as a member of a treatment team providing
substance abuse treatment and case management. The team works to address all
treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, physical health
management, mental health management, accessing affordable housing, accessing
employment and educational opportunities.
1. Must have High School Diploma or GED, advanced degree preferred.
2. The following requirements for CADC:
a. A&D Counselor I requires CADC I
b. A&D Counselor II requires CADCII
3. Bilingual A&D Counselors must demonstrate proficiency in secondary language.
4. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA
5. Must have BLS/CPR training and certification.
6. Must have experience working in chemical dependency treatment, preferably with
outpatient adults who have been adjudicated to treatment and/or people with cooccurring
mental health disorders
7. Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and skills in group facilitation
8. Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge and skills in evidence-based
treatment methods utilized in the treatment of addiction and trauma-informed
9. Knowledge and skills in de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in deescalation
10. Knowledge and skills in crisis intervention
11. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of community and social service
agencies with the ability to provide case management services as needed
12. Must be able to work a range of hours
13. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under
independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two
14. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform assigned tasks
15. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check
16. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a
DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the
Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
17. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day
18. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies
19. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic
backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs