Post Date: 10/18/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Clark College is currently seeking to fill two part-time Chemistry Instructor positions. Applicants must be available to teach the daytime, evening or weekend hours. Lecture rate is $64.70 and lab rate is $55.20.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Faculty Responsibilities:
• Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
• Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
• Pursue professional development.
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
• Master's Degree or higher in Chemistry or a closely related field (with significant graduate coursework in chemistry).
• Teaching experience.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Experience teaching chemistry at the college level.
• Experience with active learning techniques.
• Interest in pursuing professional development opportunities as available.
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the college.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Clark College Online Application
• Current résumé
• Cover Letter addressing experience and qualifications for the position
• Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online at http://www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Condition of employment:
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
October 18, 2018
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php