Post Date: 03/11/2020
Close Date: 04/01/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Security Manager with Compliance and Privacy experience to join an excellent team, provide top-notch leadership and work to advance their IT operations.
This position is under the classification Principal Executive/Manager D.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Compliance and Privacy Manager, you will provide leadership, management, and expertise on all aspects of information privacy and compliance within the Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) serving as a subject matter expert.
In this role, you will be responsible for information security, information exchange, compliance with audits and mandates, information privacy, and information security risk assessments. Also included in information security is vulnerability assessments and incident management. You will be part of the Information Security and Privacy Office (ISPO) and work under the direction of the Chief Information Risk Officer (CIRO).
Additionally, you will work with all levels of management within the Office of Information Services (OIS) and serve as a key point of contact with internal and external constituents on issues pertaining to information security and the protection of personally identifiable information. You may lead teams for projects as well as participate in initiatives for ISPO and OIS. You will also lead and participate in other committees as needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Six (6) years of supervisory, technical or professional level experience in Information Security and/or Privacy. Two years of this experience must have included supervision and management of a program, section, or unit
which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and
d) budget preparation. OR (b) A Bachelor's degree in a field related to management, such as Business or Public Administration; AND Three (3) years of supervisory, technical or professional level experience in Information Security and/or Privacy. Two years of this experience must have included supervision and management of a program, section, or unit which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
• Successful completion of one of the following certifications or willingness to obtain one within 12 months of hire: (a) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) OR (b) Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
• Experience using management strategies and techniques to lead information security technical and program professionals.
• Experience working under federal, state and agency regulations and guidelines related to information security and protection from unauthorized disclosure of individually identified information.
• Experience with data governance and managing regulated data.
• Ability to translate technical issues and concepts to non-technical audience.
• Knowledge of the DHS and OHA programs and other related government programs.
• Previous Project Management experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience working with diverse groups with varying priorities and goals and moving those groups toward consensus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.