Post Date: 03/26/2019
Close Date: 04/25/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a tenure-track Reference and Instruction Librarian to join a collaborative team of student-focused librarians in providing reference and instruction services to a diverse student body. Librarians engage with other faculty to deliver active learning activities to students at multiple campus locations as well as online. This position will actively contribute to current and future Open Education Resources (OER) efforts as they continue to be developed at Clark College, including advocacy for OER adoption, fostering partnerships and collaborative opportunities, and campus engagement. This position begins September 13, 2019.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Faculty Responsibilities
• Instruct information literacy skills to students through a coordinated effort of online and face-to-face instruction, including creating online learning tools.
• Provide online and face-to-face reference service to students, faculty, and staff.
• Collaborate with campus and regional partners to identify, assess, support, and adopt OER.
• Participate in continuing development of the library website.
• Participate in information literacy assessment activities.
• Perform collection development for print and electronic resources.
• Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in library, college, and Orbis Cascade Alliance consortium committees.
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
• Pursue professional development opportunities.
• Master's degree in Library Science (MLS, MSLS, MLIS) from an ALA-accredited institute.
• Experience with identifying, assessing, supporting, and adopting OER.
• Experience in mentoring, training, or teaching.
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of community colleges and the kinds of faculty work expected at an open admissions college.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a variety of department-level activities and willingness to contribute to college-wide projects.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Experience teaching or working in a community college environment.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing new software and technologies, including online learning and teaching tools.
• Ability to flex schedule as needed to accommodate class and library needs, including evenings and weekends.
• Familiarity with universal design principles and accessibility standards.
Starting salary is $53,416 (non-negotiable). Faculty may be eligible to advance every other year; current top step is $76,339. Salary is for a 173-day contract; additional compensation is available for summer and moonlight teaching, and doctoral and vocational stipends.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
• Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office
• Responses to the following supplemental questions included in the online application
1. Describe your teaching philosophy.
2. Describe what assessment methods you use to ensure student learning; what strategies do you use to assess your teaching is effective and students are succeeding.
3. How do you infuse social equity and inclusion in your classroom?
4. Describe any special interest areas you have within your discipline. How do you keep current within your field of academic interest?
5. Based on your experience or interest, what would you identify as the three most important factors in making OER work successful?
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105
Position will remain open until filled, priority will be given to applications submitted online by 3 p.m., April 25th, 2019
Condition of employment:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
February 28, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs