Post Date: 11/07/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re ranked as one of the top 100 non-profit employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking two full-time caregivers “Personal Assistants” for a cheerful, engaging woman who lives in her own apartment in downtown Portland.
You’ll work 3 shifts per week totaling 42 hours:
• 8am to 10pm (14-hour shift) on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
You’ll work 4 shifts per week totaling 30 hours:
• 7am to 2pm (7-hour shift) on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday
• 7am to 4pm (9-hour shift) on Sunday
*You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
She is eager to work with personal assistants that are good listeners and will help her get out in the community. You’ll work together on household chores and she will need assistance with using the bathroom, bathing, taking medications, and eating.
You’ll spend part of your time doing fun activities at home, such as listening to music, chatting, and playing UNO. You’ll also have fun in the community doing activities, such as shopping, taking walks, and enjoying all that downtown Portland has to offer.
Note: You’ll be able to go off-campus for lunch and breaks because she can be alone for short periods of time.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• For the 42-hour position, 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• For the 30-hour position, 3 weeks of paid time off based on a 30-hour work week totaling 90 PTO hours in your first year. PTO increases to 120 hours after 5 years of service at UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Experience in the mental health or developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregivers for Cheerful, Engaging Woman (2 Schedule Options)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• Please specify in your cover letter any and all schedules you are interested in working. Please list them in order of preference.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/4014864416