Post Date: 04/02/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal in its Portland office.
The position requires a minimum of three years of corporate legal experience. Excellent computer and writing skills are required. The individual in this position must be organized and detail oriented with a high level of accuracy, must possess the ability to work efficiently and independently, and must display good communication skills and the ability to work with a varied group of people at all times. A pleasant demeanor, tact, the ability to manage stress, and a great client service attitude are essential.
- Drafting documents such as those used in entity formation and maintenance of corporations and LLCs and assignments of interest.
- Preparation of UCC filings and UCC search requests.
- Familiarity with the IRS, SEC, Secretary of State, and licensing agencies.
- Other responsibilities may include assisting with due diligence for mergers and acquisitions; organizing and maintaining corporate documentation; assisting with federal and state securities filings, and assisting with preparation of closing binders and document sets for distribution.
- Familiarity with health care organizations, nonprofits, and charitable organizations preferred.
- Ability to manage a matter from start to finish, independently and as part of the team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook
A Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal certificate is preferred. Any satisfactory combination of experience and education will be considered.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.
Complete details: https://www.schwabe.com/careers-professionals