Post Date: 08/16/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Sociology Instructor to teach 1-2 Introductory to Sociology courses. Lecture rate is $64.70/hour.
This part-time position is an ongoing recruitment to keep a fresh pool of candidates. Positions will be filled as program needs arise.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Faculty Responsibilities:
• Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
• Advise and assist students in educational and career development.
• Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, advisory committees, and other educational partners.
• Pursue professional development.
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
• Master’s degree in Sociology or related field.
• Experience teaching college level sociology courses, including introductory sociology.
• Doctorate degree.
• Experience teaching one or more of the following: Social Problems, Criminology, Domestic Violence.
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college.
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning.
• Knowledge and/or experience with curriculum and teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse student populations.
• Willingness to take a leadership role in areas of educational and professional expertise.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team.
• Experience using a variety of teaching and assessment techniques - including the use of technology - that enhance student success.
• Experience teaching online.
• Willingness to participate in a variety of departmental and campus activities.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
Open until filled.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
• Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Condition of Employment:
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
August 1, 2018
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs