Post Date: 06/11/2019
Close Date: 07/01/2019
Learning & Development Analyst
Human Resources Department
HP#2020 - 01
Salary Range: $67099 - $88,298 annually.
Starting salary is $67,099 - $81,636 (depending upon qualifications).
Full time, exempt position with full benefits package.
This position is subject to final Council approval on June 18, 2019.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
The City of Hillsboro is growing great things – including people and meaningful careers!
Here’s your chance to bring your talents to a position that gives back to a vibrant and growing community. We are on the search for another HR rock star to join our fun, collaborative, and innovative team! Could this be you?
The City of Hillsboro is seeking a Learning and Development professional who is passionate about developing people, fostering a learning environment, organizational development and providing staff the tools, resources and spaces to reach their full potential! This person is a life-long learner and a collaborator who engages with individual employees, leadership, and departments to enhance the employee experience and help them serve the community in an exceptional way.
The Recruitment, Learning, and Development team currently emphasizes recruiting top talent, onboarding, supporting employees, building career ladders, and developing the next generation of employees. Now we are looking to add a Learning & Development Analyst to grow our top talent, support employees in their current roles and prepare them for roles they aspire to attain by engaging and providing responsive professional development and learning opportunities. This position’s work portfolio will include workforce planning, learning design and delivery, employee and leadership development, and performance planning and evaluation.
A day in the life of the Learning & Development Analyst is fun, busy, and rewarding! Here’s a snapshot…
• Creating and maintaining a robust training calendar with learning pathways that are tied to City Core Values as well as policies, and department and organizational goals;
• Coordinating with training champions across the organization to make sure that offerings are responsive to the needs of the City;
• Assisting the team’s manager with obtaining internal and external training resources to deliver learning and development experiences that are responsive to the City’s work, culture and identified training needs;
• Playing an integral role in the City’s efforts to drive transformative change around diversity, equity and inclusion;
• Assisting the team’s manager with training needs assessments and IS projects that identify tools and solutions to maximize technology in the delivery of L&D programs and services;
• Contributing to the design and implementation of creative approaches to learning and development to equip our staff with the skills necessary to maintain the delivery of high-quality services to its residents and visitors and prepare to meet future demands;
• Developing metrics to measure engagement and effectiveness of training programs to determine the success of implemented programing and return on resource investment;
• Assisting classification and compensation team members to ensure we have career pathways for advancement within our classification structures;
• Researching and recommending learning and development strategies for the benefit of the entire organization;
• Utilizing data to make informed decisions and sound recommendations regarding program areas.
The Learning & Development Analyst has frequent interactions with employees at all levels of the City, external stakeholders and internal customers. The ability to establish positive relationships, build trust and rapport, exercise sound judgement, actively listen, manage priorities, achieve results, effectively navigate complex and sensitive situations, and develop sound recommendations are critical for success. Additionally, the skills to create outcome-based training and curriculum, develop and deliver engaging presentations, and communicate effectively in verbal and written formats are a must. This includes the creation of effective training collateral and manuals. Experience with graphic design software is desired.
Ability to: prioritize and complete tasks with optimum efficiency; prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality and discretion; quickly and effectively establish and maintain credibility at all levels within the organization, consistently demonstrate the City’s core values of Innovation, Excellence, Communication, Leadership, Trust and Reliability, Responsiveness, and Respect. Utilize sound judgment and assess all dimensions of an issue for fiscal, legal and people impact.
Knowledge of: Training, Learning, & Development best practices and adult learning theory, including building and maintaining a training calendar, coaching and people development, designing performance competencies, and developing learning paths connected to those competencies and career pathways connected to classification structures. Ways to leverage technology to advance our learning goals, human resources practices, trends in HR program development, classification and compensation principles and research processes.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Public Administration or closely related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred; and 5 or more years’ experience in successfully leading, developing and implementing organization-wide learning programs in a medium sized multidisciplinary organization, including 2 years’ experience in other HR functions such as recruitment and selection or classification and compensation, or any combination of education and experience that gives the applicants the skills/knowledge and abilities to successfully perform the job.
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record;
• PHR or ATD Certification, preferred.
Please visit our website Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs to apply online through our link. For an alternative to our online application system you may download and print an application packet.
Employment applications must be completed online or returned by mail, fax or in person by the closing deadline of the position. Applications received after the filing deadline, by email, or without a cover letter, resume, and supplemental questions will not be considered. Resumes will not substitute for the employment application. Applications may be submitted by fax to meet the application deadline.
Complete details: www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/jobs