Post Date: 11/21/2019
Close Date: 12/22/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR II
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at a correctional facility in Wilsonville, OR. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
The Program Supervisor works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor drug and alcohol re-entry treatment for clients within a prison-based program. This position involves Primary Counselor duties in carrying a select caseload of high risk clients as well as program administration duties in the implementation of program goals and objectives designed to promote a strengths-based, client-centered, trauma-informed approach to assisting clients in achieving individual goals and reducing recidivism. The Program Supervisor assures that program activities are administered as directed by the Program Manager and per regulatory and contractual specifications. The Program Supervisor provides general and specific direction to team members, is responsible for management of the day to day activities of the program, and serves as a back up to those supervised in addition to case management tasks.
- Must possess an Associate’s degree in a behavioral health field from an accredited college or university. A Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Must be a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC II).
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience providing substance abuse treatment and have some experience providing supervision or being in a leadership position.
- Experience working with adults with co-occurring disorders and history of involvement in the criminal justice system is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of criminality and criminogenic risk factors
- Thorough understanding of evidenced-based practices, systems, procedures and treatment strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter data and retrieve data
- Prepare reports
- Must be able to pass the Department of Corrections criminal background check.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)