Post Date: 11/14/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding the operation of their Public Employees Benefit Board and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Benefits Data Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance the mission of the agency and the board.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Benefits Data Analyst, you will lead planning and design efforts of MyOEBB maintenance and enhancement projects as they relate to data and reporting. You will determine what is needed, how it will be obtained and how it is implemented in the system while considering all stakeholders' needs, and will plan, lead and manage major research projects requiring complex data analysis of claims and eligibility data.
In this role, you will be responsible for automating and developing efficiencies in internal processes, systems, and reporting using multiple data sources while ensuring compliance with established policies, objectives, program priorities and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Additionally, you will use data and system skills to develop quality assurance auditing that identifies data inconsistencies and enrollment inaccuracies and will produce routine discrepancy and error reports to OEBB/PEBB members services team for review and corrections.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are interested in becoming our new Benefits Data Analyst, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is unclassified and is not represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 500 Summer Street NE.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience involving Data Analysis.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience involving Data Analysis.
• Knowledge of SQL and ability to write complex SQL queries
• Experience with Crystal reports
• Understanding of data models and database relationships
• Ability to compile data and transform into data visualization such as tables, charts and graphs
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite especially Excel and Access, which includes creating macros or modifying VBA code.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with programming languages (C#, Visual Basic) is preferred
• Ability to learn and adopt new technologies
• Must be able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and to learn and apply technology to produce work
• Requires proficiency in the use of ad hoc reporting, database, spreadsheet and word processing applications
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment