Post Date: 10/02/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We were ranked as one of the 100 best non-profit employers in Oregon in 2018.
We’re currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support a sassy, fun-loving woman. She has a very independent spirit and lives in her own apartment in Milwaukie. Together, you’ll do a variety of fun activities, including eating out, exploring Portland, going on road trips, and watching classic TV shows and movies.
You’ll assist her to keep her apartment tidy, prepare meals, and administer her medication. She needs your help to manage her new and on-going health conditions. You will also prevent safety issues that may arise due to dementia and unsteady gait.
You’ll work 41 hours per week in total:
• 12pm on Thursday through 8am on Friday (a 20-hour shift).
• 6pm on Friday through 3pm on Saturday (a 21-hour shift).
• Any holidays that fall on your scheduled hours.
• $13.00 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement if choosing to drive for UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old.
• Driving on the job is optional—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• To meet the client's personal privacy needs, female applicants will be given preference.
• Experience in the developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for a Sassy, Fun-loving Woman (Milwaukie)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is eager to hire the “Personal Assistant” as soon as possible so applicants will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/FD4315D93B