Post Date: 08/06/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
The City of Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation Department (LOPR) is seeking a high-energy, organized and service focused individual to be responsible for solicitation and coordination of community sponsorships and partnerships for LOPR activities, events and facilities. This position is an on-call classification for year-round work and does not include benefits and reports to the Recreation Superintendent.
1. Assist with planning, organizing, preparing and managing assigned sponsorship and partnership program; monitor day to day operations to ensure smooth and efficient connections and sponsorship program delivery.
2. Work with Division personnel to determine and evaluate partnership and sponsorship needs and expectations.
3. Solicit and recruit partners and sponsors through various efforts including package development. Work may include identification of activities that attract sponsorship funding for the following Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation Divisions:
•Adult Community Center
•Indoor Tennis Center
•Municipal Golf Course
•Sports, Cultural & Outdoor Division
4. Develop and maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships.
5. The Sponsorship & Partnership Coordinator is responsible for numerous interactions with the public, community groups, local and regional businesses, City employees, volunteers, and staff.
6. Lead and manage sponsorship/participant/attendee interactions at various meetings, activities and events.
7. Represent the Parks & Recreation Department and acts as a liaison between Parks & Recreation Divisions and Partners.
8. Prepare correspondence, letter agreements and other written materials.
9. Understand marketing and media opportunities such as public announcements, print media, TV, radio and the value of the exposure and impressions for LOPR and partners. Assist in production of media.
10. Maintain records, prepare reports, gather and collect data including program surveys, partnership benefit tracking spreadsheets, benefit and value comparisons and records.
11. Assist in the development of budget recommendations for assigned program area. Manage assigned budgets without exceeding stipulated expenses.
12. Develop and maintain program and financial records for each assigned program and ensure records are accurate and up to date. Manage sponsorship invoices for the Department accounts payable. Work with Finance Department for processing payments to LOPR.
13. Ensure program evaluations are conducted and results are reported. This includes suggesting alternative improvements to partnership program.
14. Attend meetings and various trainings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
•Qualified candidates have some experience in work background with community relationship building, sales experience and working with Parks & Recreation.
•Qualified candidates have strong leadership skills to understand the needs of the Department and match with the needs of the sponsor or partner.
•Must be a skilled organizer. Job requires balancing numerous tasks and responsibilities for various tasks at one time.
•Be an effective and collaborative communicator that is capable of creating positive professional relationships based on trust and accountability. This includes confidence interacting with LOPR staff members, volunteers, business representatives and the public.
•The ability to remain calm and personable under pressure.
•The ability to multi-task and creatively problem solve.
•Must stay current on Parks & Rec/sponsorship coordination trends through training, workshops and/or conferences.
•Is or will become CPR/First Aid Certified within first six months of hire.
•Must be willing and able to work weekends, evenings and holiday hours. Shifts and hours are not to exceed a 19 hour work week on average year round.
•Physical and other requirements: Job is occasionally active during events and must be comfortable walking and carrying/lifting up to 25 pounds of force.
•Must have a valid driver's license.
•Other duties as assigned.
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation with a High School diploma or G.E.D. and two years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Incumbent must also be able to provide partnership support which includes meeting deadlines, understanding parks & recreation service delivery models, marketing coordination, developing and creating partnership and sponsorship packages and materials.
Desired candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook; and skilled in data entry and web page maintenance; able to use general office equipment and accurately type and proof documents in a timely manner. Must be able to use the keyboard and use general office equipment such as computers, printers, and fax machines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
WORK STYLE CHARACTERISTICS
•Process and deadline driven.
•Adaptable, timely, and flexible.
•Willing to work with all areas of the Department on partnerships.
•Organized, consistent, committed, and enthusiastic.
•Ability to work independently
Please attach resume and cover letter with application.
Application Process: You may visit our web site at www.ci.oswego.or.us to access the online application process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application. The City application must be submitted to by: 5:00 P.M. Saturday, August 31st, 2019
The City is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women and qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you wish modification of the selection process in order to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing and submit it with your required application materials.
Complete details: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/lakeoswego/default.cfm