Post Date: 10/24/2018
Close Date: 02/01/2019
1 position available, scheduled to work February 2019 – early November 2019
Come cook for young explorers and visitors at Hancock Field Station, owned by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI). Give kids and visitors the energy they need to explore the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, learn about starry skies, and understand desert ecology by preparing and cooking delicious and nutritious snacks and meals for them. Join us and explore the possible adventures of Oregon’s beautiful desert country!
What you’ll do:
• Prepare and cook meals efficiently, at designated times, for groups of up to 110 participants, meeting food preparation timelines.
• Wash all dishes and clean all surfaces used in the preparation of meals.
• Regularly clean surfaces and equipment in the kitchen, coolers, and pantries as designated by the manager.
• Under the direction of the manager, complete prep task lists compiled and prioritized by the Lead Cook.
• Maintain Oregon Health Code and American Camp Association standards in handling, cooking, and storing of food.
What you’ll need:
• Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety.
• Ability to follow recipes and improvise when necessary and to make meals from scratch.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to follow basic instructions.
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent coordination and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of nutritious and well balanced meals, including dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian cooking recipes and techniques.
• Basic understanding of food allergies, allergens, and avoiding cross-contamination.
• Minimum 1 year of cooking in commercial kitchens.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must be at least 18 years old to operate, repair or clean power-driven food slicers, grinders and choppers, bakery machines, and commercial mixers.
• Valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate, and valid driver’s license.
• Must pass all pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• Daily rate between $80 - $85 per day, depending on experience.
• Onsite Room and Board available.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/283533.html to apply!
Position closes February 1, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/283533.html