Post Date: 10/08/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1127
The Skills Trainer provides intensive specialized skill-based mental health services for residents of the SAGE program and their families. The Skills Trainer will provide on-site and community-based services for individual clients and families, as well as provide group skills training as part of comprehensive clinical services.
The SAGE program fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provide support to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborates with partners to include the following: Coordinated Care Organizations, Department of Human Services, Wraparound principals, school districts, hospitals, and other mental health providers.
• Provides support and guidance for clinical and milieu services at residential program. Completes all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal and organizational requirements.
• Assists clients with completion of necessary paperwork to facilitate access to services and funding sources essential to completion of the established plan of care to include: social security, Oregon health plan, specific program scholarships, etc.
• Supports urgent needs of clients during business hours at home, school and in the community. Assesses, intervenes and provides referrals for appropriate services.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field OR
• Three years of experience working with youth and families in the school, community, or other related area
• Meets QMHA requirements under State of Oregon Administrative Rules required
• Experience in work within intensive services
• Must meet agency’s driving requirements
• Provides emergency first-aid, as needed, and maintains a current standard first-aid/CPR certification
• Must pass criminal history check
• Must pass language testing if applicable
Starting Pay Range:
Skills Trainer $15.60 - $16.59
Bilingual (Spanish) Skills Trainer: $17.00 - $18.08
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Skills Trainer- SAGE” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Skills Trainer - SAGE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/skill-trainer-sage/