Post Date: 07/05/2019
Close Date: 07/17/2019
Deadline to apply: July 17, 2019 @ 5:00 PM, PDT
Salary: $49,481 - $71,749 annually
This is an internal and a First Opportunity recruitment opportunity. We are only accepting applications from 1) current employees and/or 2) residents who live within the First Opportunity Target Area (FOTA) and meet the qualifying annual household income limit. Internal applicants must be current employees of Metro having regular, regular part-time or temporary employment.
As an Assistant Guest Services Manager, your responsibilities are all about enhancing the guest experience at the Oregon Convention Center while continually leading and developing an engaged staff. This newly developed role will support the Guest Services Manager in shaping a new direction for our operations while ensuring that our well-established organization continues to be an industry leader.
This position will provide opportunities to:
• Make a positive impact with clients, attendees, vendors and employees
• Provide supervision for guest services and crowd management points of contact during busy events and business hours.
• Assist in the supervision and coordination of ticketing and box office services for a variety of events
• Assist in the supervision, coordination, accounting and management of parking services for events, employees, vendors and monthly parkers at the Oregon Convention Center.
• Assists in the supervision and coordination of the OCC Ambassador program
• Support and develop employee training programs such as facility-wide customer service training
Additional supervisory responsibilities include; leading the day to day activities of guest services team members with parking, ticketing, Ambassadors and receptionists; planning, assigning, and directing work; training employees on customer service; appraising performance; OCC employee and contracted employee relations; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Like the region itself, our dedication to serve people and our planet in the best ways possible demands that we constantly be on the move that we stay open-minded and maintain an inexhaustible supply of creativity. Our job is to make sure everyone here feels safe bringing what they've got to the table because progress relies on everyone keeping an open-mind and positive change can begin anytime, anyplace, with anyone.
The OCC is LEED Platinum Certified. We have one of the largest solar panel arrays on a U.S. convention center which produces 25% of the electricity we use. While we're striving to be the most sustainable event venue in the world and the first choice as a venue for green meetings, our commitment to sustainability is just one example of our dedication to a better tomorrow.
Annually OCC hosts roughly 500 events with an average of $600 million in economic benefit for the region from the national and international visitors who attend conventions and events at the venue.
At the Oregon Convention Center we're passionate about cultivating diversity, advancing equity and practicing inclusion in all of the work we do. We hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Associate's degree in an area relevant to the work of this position (e.g., Hospitality, Business or Marketing) and
• Minimum of two years of supervisory or lead experience in a customer service-based industry and
• Minimum of two years of experience managing cash handling services or
• Any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the classification duties and responsibilities
• Possess or obtain within three months of hire Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification Possess or obtain within three months of hire Trained Crowd Manager or similar industry certification or training (training will be provided, as needed).
Applicants with ability to work a flexible, varying schedule preferred.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/FOTA