Post Date: 03/06/2019
Close Date: 04/08/2019
Job Title: Floater Teacher
Salary Range: $17-$20 DOE
Hours: Part time nonexempt – Tuesday-Thursday (2:00-4:45pm)
Department: School Age Program – Hayhurst Connect
Closing Date: Open until Filled
After-school teaching position with the Connect Program, which serves 3rd, 4th and 5th graders by providing project-based activities to boost skills in math and literacy. The Floater will spend a little time in each classroom assisting as needed. This position requires a person who is reliable, flexible and can take initiative. Current opening works until early May, with the opportunity to work Summer Program and return for Fall school year.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Execute math, reading, writing lessons and enrichment activities to provide effective and targeted small group instruction.
• Regularly evaluate, monitor, and report on student progress, modifying instruction as appropriate based on results.
• Act as a positive role model to youth.
• Enforce program's behavioral expectations and follow through with proper student behavior management.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years experience teaching youth and/or children. Master's degree in education or related field strongly preferred and teaching certification required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong classroom management skills.
• Desire and ability to work with children and ensure an enriching, positive, safe setting.
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Reliable transportation
For Immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please send resume as an attachment. Links will not be accepted.
Complete details: http://nhpdx.org/WhoWeAre/careers.html