Post Date: 01/16/2019
Close Date: 03/01/2019
Working at Lewis & Clark College
The campus is located on 137 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in Portland’s southwest hills. Our strong commitment to sustainability is reinforced through recycling programs, energy conservation, alternative transportation options, and farm to fork initiatives. For benefit-eligible positions, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes options for health, dental, vision, tuition, life insurance, retirement and more.
Lewis & Clark College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
This position is responsible for leadership and oversight of the operations and management of the College's Transportation and Parking Department. As the Manager of campus parking, this position requires knowledge and expertise in all aspects of parking management, exceptional customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations with people who may be agitates. This position works independently, consistently handling multiple shifting priorities and responding to the Campus.
What You'll Do
* Provide direction and management of the daily and long term operations of the Transportation and Parking Department.
* Ensure the College has consistent and fair Parking Enforcement practices and programs.
* Oversee the Campus Car Share and Bike Share programs. Review program annually for utilization and cost effectiveness.
* Annually review Campus Shuttle Service to ensure effectiveness and cost efficiency.
* Provide structure to work flow and make independent decisions to resolve issues relating to parking.
* Ensures the Campus Parking policies, practices, and technology are kept appropriately up to date to maximize efficiency of parking. Identify and develop new programs as necessary to support parking ensure LC's program are leading edge.
* Assists the Lewis & Clark community, neighbors, and campus visitors in all aspects of parking and transportation, and is the primary campus contact for all parking issues. Work with Tri-Met, city, county, state and federal agencies to maximize efficiency of parking programs.
* Chair the campus Transportation and Parking Advisory Committee; schedules and attends all meetings, ensure meeting materials including agenda, notes, support documentation, etc. are ready.
* Supervises full time and student parking staff.
* Trains Campus Safety and Law School personnel in use of parking mangement software.
* Communicates on a daily basis with Parking staff, both full and part time regarding activities and assignments.
* Lead parking staff, contractors and vendors in reaction to emergencies.
* Ability to honor and work with all identities and individuals, particularly those who are underrepresented in the country and/or at Lewis & Clark College.
Operations and Administration
* Bi-Annually prepare the Colleges Transportation Demand Management report to the City, and ensure compliance with the Plan and City requirements.
* Manages the parking database, acting as "help-desk" for campus users.
* Manages the parking budget by reconciling sales, monitoring deposits, etc.
* Reviews and processes parking citations.
* Identify unregistered vehicles with citations, submit license plate numbers to Oregon DMV for identifications, responsele for maintaining confidential DMV files.
* Reviews parking citations appeals.
* Responds to neighborhood parking complaints and maintains the neighborhood complaint and enforcement logs.
* Responds to internal and exzternal calls regarding errant vehicles on campus and in the neighborhood.
* Prepares parking citations reports for Student and Departmental Account Services, posts corrections and credits to accounts.
* Monitors department budget.
* Updates website and disseminates information to the community as needed.
* BA degree in related field
* 4-5 years management experience with at least one full time year in parking management
*Strong computer skills, word processing, spreadsheet, exposure to Iparq or other relational data base program
* Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills essential
* Budgeting and accounting skills
* Detail oriented, accurate, ability to work independently
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
* Ability to maintain valid Oregon driver’s license and meet College vehicle insurance requirements.
* Working knowledge and experience in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling programs, pivot tables, and database computer programs
* Ability to effectively communicate and to remain calm and polite with customers in stressful situations
Nice to Haves
* Masters Degree
* Working knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
* Ability to work effectively with persons having diverse personalities
* 37.5 hours per week
* Benefits Eligible: Yes
* Commensurate with experience
* The job works primarily at a desk or is otherwise involved in activities requiring little lifting, climbing or working in tiring positions
* Bending, kneeling/squatting, twisting, climbing (stairs), standing, driving, sitting, walking, grasping/gripping, pinching/squeezing, reaching, pushing/pulling, repetitive hand movements (e.g., typing), seeing, talking, hearing
The College explicitly acknowledges and affirms its conviction that diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, national origin, socio-economic background, religious orientation or spirituality, physical or sensory disability, gender, and sexual orientation on the Lewis & Clark campus provides an educational benefit for all students that can be realized only if students and education professionals from diverse backgrounds are present in significant numbers within our learning community. In creating and sustaining such a community, we engage, to the extent possible, in practices that will ensure a high degree of diversity on our campus, simultaneously meeting the highest standards of academic excellence of which we are capable.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Lewis & Clark College will conduct a background check on the finalist, which will include a criminal record check. If a conviction is discovered, a determination will be made whether the conviction is related to the position for which the individual is applying or would present safety or security risks before an employment decision is made. A criminal conviction does not necessarily automatically bar an applicant from employment.
Eligibility to Work
In order to comply with US Homeland Security Department regulations, all employees must complete an I-9 form in Workday prior to or no later than the first day of work and bring originals (no photocopies) of their supporting documentation to Human Resources no later than the 3rd business day of employment. Failure to have a completed I-9 form on file with the College will result in immediate termination of employment.
Explorare, Discere, Sociare
(to explore, to learn, to work together)
Lewis & Clark’s motto defines why it’s such a great place to work! Employees join a learning community that rewards ideas and resourcefulness, and embraces the common good and a sense of social justice.
We strive to recruit and retain a diverse blend of talented, enthusiastic individuals who will take full advantage of the extraordinary environment and resources available to them to further their lives and careers. We offer a generous benefits package that includes health, retirement, paid time off, tuition, and much more.