Post Date: 01/29/2020
Close Date: 02/28/2020
Oregon Episcopal School occupies a wooded 59 acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, an inquiry based curriculum, and a strong sense of community. The School values employees who seek to continually develop the OES Essential Competencies (https://www.oes.edu/aboutoes/mission-identity) in themselves and others and are prepared to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
OES seeks a curious, creative, and self-reflective educator to teach fourth grade in its Lower School. The fourth grade teacher will provide classroom instruction to students following OES standards and methods for instruction. Lower School teachers at OES promote curiosity and the exploration of ideas and concepts while fostering an appreciation for lifelong learning. They are guided by the Learning and Teaching at OES faculty growth model. OES teachers cultivate in students the OES values of community, social responsibility, and respect for individual differences. In addition to the qualifications detailed below, the successful candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to support the School’s educational mission.
This is a full-time, exempt, academic year position that starts in August 2020. It comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including employer paid health insurance, retirement plan with a generous employer matching contribution, tuition remission for up to two admissions eligible children, abundant professional development opportunities, and an excellent free lunch daily. See the OES Benefits Guide at www.oes.edu/employees for details.
● Develop an intellectually challenging and creative program with developmentally appropriate and research-based practices.
● Implement an academically strong, inquiry-based and differentiated curriculum.
● Individualize instruction and educate the whole child.
● Be responsible for teaching in a self-contained classroom.
● Work collaboratively with colleagues in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
● Use a variety of best curricular approaches including reading workshop, writing process, experiential learning, cycle of inquiry, and conceptual and manipulative-based math approaches.
● Utilize a variety of instructional and assessment methods.
● Integrate technology to support student learning.
● Develop familiarity with a framework for understanding students’ individual strengths, affinities, and challenges.
● BA/BS or equivalent in relevant discipline
● Three years of elementary classroom teaching experience; team teaching experience
● Demonstrated experience with and skill in working with students from diverse ethnic, gender, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
● IT skills: general digital literacy, intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite, database skills, web applications including Google Docs, Zoom or Skype, etc. as appropriate to job duties, knowledge of applicable educational technology
● Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
● MA/MS in relevant discipline
● Experience teaching in an independent school setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● Ability to grow professionally and to stay abreast of changes in the field of education
● Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and maintain collegial relations with colleagues
● Knowledge of educational technology; openness to innovation, willingness to learn, ability to integrate evolving IT into curriculum
● Classroom environment, ability to sit at a computer and keyboard for moderate periods
● Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
● Mobility sufficient to move about the campus and to assure the safety of young children
● Ability to communicate clearly with students, parents, and groups of individuals
COMPENSATION: Faculty salary scale based on education and teaching experience
APPLICATION PROCESS: Complete the OES online application, link below, and attach a cover letter and resume. Open till filled.
Follow the link below to set up a login and password that will allow you to save and return to your application:
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers