Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
8-18 hours Per Month
Morrison Child and Family Services is looking for energetic and creative individuals who enjoy working with children. Childcare Workers supervise and facilitate activities for youth (birth to 14 years of age) while parents/guardians participate in trainings, meeting, or parent support groups hosted by the agency.
The Childcare Worker will provide to childcare services to Therapeutic Foster Care, Planned and Crisis Respite Care and Infant and Early Childhood Consultation programs.
Childcare Workers create a nurturing and safe space for children by:
Creating fun and engaging activities for children such as arts and crafts!
Serving children health snacks
Actively monitoring the children and youth to ensure safety of all participants
Childcare Workers work in both a preschool setting and general office setting. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children of various ages and have the ability to manages emotions in an appropriate and professional manner and ask for help when needed.
Schedule: 2- 4 hours every second and fourth Monday evenings of every month & OnCall for 3-4 hour shifts weekly., Tuesdays through Thursday evening
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• High school diploma or equivalency
• One year of experience working with young children in structured environment
• Comfort and experience working with children birth through age 14
• Able to maintain appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality
• Communicates effectively in English both orally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including staff, supervisors and management
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meets agency driving requirements
• Travel and perform duties at different agency locations
Starting Pay Range:
Childcare Worker: $12.50 - $12.78
Bilingual (Spanish) Childcare Worker: $13.63 - $13.93
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Childcare Worker” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Childcare Worker
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No Phone Calls Please
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/childcare-worker/