Post Date: 07/12/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Mechatronics Instructor to instruct courses in the Mechatronics Technology program. This position requires providing traditional lecture and classroom instruction coupled with laboratory instruction, facilitation, demonstration and supervision of students in the program. Lab rate is $53.60, and lecture rate is $62.80.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Faculty Responsibilities:
• Instruct classes in Mechatronics utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
• Provide appropriate means to assess student progress and provide timely feedback.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve educational goals.
• Participate in relevant department assessment activities.
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
• Associate’s degree or higher in Automated Systems, Electro-mechanical Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Robotics Technology, or related field.
• Three years related experience in system level troubleshooting on an automated cell that includes Allen Bradley PLC’s, SMC Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Electrical controls, and Motors.
• Strong oral communication skills, professional attitude, desire to help others succeed in their career goals.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Previous teaching or training experience, preferably at the community college level; other instruction experience may be evaluated and deemed as appropriate as well.
Open until filled.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Condition of Employment:
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 14, 2018
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs