Start Date: 01/05/2021
End Date: 06/30/2021
2021 Community Grants Program
The goals of the 2021 Community Grants Program is to support Oregon communities in navigating the year ahead by providing an open entry point grant opportunity for nonprofits, flexible types of support and prioritizing support for communities most disproportionately impacted by the multiple crises that have devastated Oregon.
Purpose and value of this volunteer position
Grant evaluators assess grant applications, providing objective, thoughtful, and relevant information for a multi-faceted decision-making process that is guided by the foundation’s funding objectives and responsive to community needs. Grant evaluators provide insight into their area’s nonprofits and bring their unique understanding of local communities to the review process.
Grant Evaluator Responsibilities
- Understand grant program guidelines and review practices
- Read and analyze grant applications objectively
- Attend training sessions and group meetings (online only for early 2021)
- Conduct fact-finding interviews, usually via visits with applicants (online only for early 2021)
- Research community issues and best practices
- Produce concise oral and written reports and analyses by established deadlines
- Declare potential conflicts of interest with applicant organizations
- Occasionally follow-up with grantees to assess outcomes after the grant period
Through early 2021, and possibly beyond, all meetings will be online, and all volunteer tasks will be completed remotely.
Registration URL: https://eforms.oregoncf.org/PresentationServer/(S(2jdxtyayno2ifznhy24dvc5n))/Form.aspx/Play/BhgAggIg?f=BhgAggIg
Contact Sonja Mckenzie, Community Engagement Coordinator for Volunteers at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. OCF is committed to building a diverse volunteer corps to broaden and deepen its efforts. Diverse volunteers and those who support diversity are encouraged to inquire.
Sonja Mckenzie, email@example.com,