Start Date: 04/10/2019 9:00 am
End Date: 05/31/2019 12:00 pm
VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Title: Financial Coach at Save First Financial, a service of Catholic Charities of Oregon
Purpose: This position will assist the Save First Financial Wellness Program at Catholic Charities, a social service non profit, by providing one–on-one financial coaching services to individuals.
Results: This position will help us increase the economic well-being of the individuals we serve across Oregon.
Outcomes: We will measure the success of this position with an economic well-being self assessment scale for our clients to fill out. Clients will fill this scale out on a quarterly basis.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring regularly to client you are matched with and do necessary budget form preparation to ensure client gets most out of coaching sessions
- Give encouragement and support to client you are matched with throughout ongoing one-on-one relationship you develop
- Maintain communication with Coaching Coordinator and work with Save First Financial staff to think about solutions or the correct approach to helping our clients address their financial issues
- No financial experience is required; All we ask is that you have the heart of a teacher, meaning that you are kind, compassionate, empathetic, positive, and willing to inspire our clients and build a relationship
- Actively use a budget for your own personal expenses
- Basic technological skills and ability to use/respond to email in a timely manner
- 2-4 hours per month with additional preparation time for approximately 3-6 months (this is flexible and varies by case)
- Approximately 8 hours of training with additional ongoing training events
- Coach training, Financial Wellness Workshop, mock coaching session, and 1st coaching session will be completed on site at Catholic Charities, 2740 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR 97202.
- For later coaching sessions, we give coaches the option to either provide coaching at Catholic Charities during our business hours or to meet with clients at a public location convenient to both parties
- This position is supervised by the Coaching Coordinator. The volunteer may also work closely with other staff members such as our financial counselors, resource navigator, and IDA specialist depending on the needs of their client
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Develop the professional skill of financial coaching to add to a new or existing, professional portfolio
- Training in our approach to financial coaching is provided
- Create new professional and personal connections in the community
- Personal satisfaction in being able to give back and help people
How to Apply: Follow this link https://www.tfaforms.com/4701503
If you have any questions, contact Katie Earley at email@example.com or 503-688-2575
Katie Earley, katie@SaveFirstFinancial.org, 5036882575
Registration details: https://www.catholiccharitiesoregon.org/volunteer/