Event: 2022 Short Session Legislative Debrief
Date: March 29, 2022
Start Time: 12:00 pm
End Time: 1:00 pm
Address: 10 N Russell St PORTLAND, OR 97227
The Urban League of Portland is hosting a 2022 Short Session Legislative Debrief Tuesday, March 29th from 12 pm – 1 pm! During the 2022 Legislative Session, the Urban League of Portland prioritized close to twenty bills. We submitted both written and virtual testimony for all. We also held events to encourage support for the bills. We are excited to share our successes and the unfinished business of the session. These policies are rooted in racial, gender, and economic justice and are meant to work in tandem to provide the immediate support we needed to survive the COVID-19 pandemic and recover from historic disinvestment in our communities. Join us for our 2022 Short Session Legislative Debrief!
These 8 bills and a budget request we supported were passed this Short Session!
- Senate Bill 1510: Transforming Justice
- Senate Bill 1536: Emergency Heat Relief
- Senate Bill 1543: Universal Representation
- Senate Bill 1579: Equity Investment Act
- House Bill 4002: Farmworker Overtime
- House Bill 4005: Child Care for Oregon
- House Bill 4045: OHA Community Violence Prevention Grants
- House Bill 4077: Environmental Justice for All
- Oregon Worker Relief Fund
This virtual event will take place on Tuesday, March 29th from 12 pm to 1 pm. We hope to connect with you!