Title: ASE Virtual End-of-Program Symposium
Start Date: August 10, 2023
Organization: Saturday Academy
The Apprenticeships in Science & Engineering (ASE) program connects motivated high school students with mentors in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) pre-professional internships. The driving value behind the ASE program is that the interns should contribute to and learn from the mentor’s work.
Virtual End-of-Program Symposium
Thursday, August 10, 2023 – Zoom This online conference is ASE’s culminating event, where students give formal presentations on what they have accomplished and learned in their internships that summer. Students will also hear a keynote address from an esteemed expert in the field of health and policy journalism.
Volunteer/Staff Needs Tech Support (9:55 am – 2 pm): Each Tech Support person will be responsible for all technical aspects of one Zoom room during the Symposium.
- Start the Zoom meeting using a Zoom account assigned by Saturday Academy Admit people from the waiting room Take attendance for the interns required to be in that room
- Mute someone if they accidentally come off mute and speak over whoever is speaking
- Remove any unanticipated Zoom disruptors Record the session
- Communicate with ASE staff about how things are going in your room
CURRENT NEED: 8 Volunteers
Presentation Room Presiders (9:55 am – 2 pm): Each Presider will be the official facilitator (master of ceremonies if you will) for one Zoom room during the Symposium
- Introduce the session
- Introduce each speaker
- Keep time during presentations
- Facilitate Q&A
- Make closing remarks at the end of the session
CURRENT NEED: 2 Volunteers