Title: Website Redesigner
Start Date: October 3, 2022
Organization: Metropolitan Family Service - Social Purpose Works
Social Purpose Works is the latest innovative program offered by Metropolitan Family Service (MFS), a Portland, Oregon, social service agency since 1950.
MFS Social Purpose Works recruits pro bono (volunteer) professionals for nonprofit project-based opportunities in Oregon and SW Washington. Social Purpose Works is recruiting a Website Designer for Project LEDO.
Project LEDO’s mission:
- Inspire young BIPOC students in Title I schools to become science and technology leaders.
- Aspire to engage students in mentor/volunteer-based opportunities that teach engineering, science and technology skills through interactive LEGO robotics.
- Inspire innovation and fosters self-confidence, communication and leadership.
- Project LEDO is ready to modernize its website. They want to bring more attention to agency activities, improve navigation, make it more user-friendly, and formalize the appearance to reflect the established nonprofit it is. This includes adding automation that saves staff time by syncing social media posts and blogs to the updated website. Project LEDO does so much that isn’t currently reflected on the website – summer camps, news coverage, interviews the ED has done with major TV stations, and more. Programs need to be obvious, as do easy-to-find ways to get involved, including a careers page, calendar, and an inspiring donation page. Project LEDO has a treasure trove of pictures, videos and testimonials just waiting to be uploaded to a revamped site. They want visitors not just to see but to be part of what they do. They want to proudly be able to send relevant links to donors, sponsors and partners to demonstrate how they have helped and what Project LEDO is doing with their support. Your web design skills can transform their passive site into an interactive, cohesive and established, reflecting impact through captivating visuals, elevate credibility with current and future community partners, and help ensure successful grant applications.
- Using inspiration from the ED’s vision and favorite sites, create a fresh look with interactive features, and a thoughtfully organized, clean seamless appearance that accurately reflects the essence and impact of Project LEDO.
- Collaborate with the ED to develop a site map and featured content on each page.
- Automate the social media and blog upload process, document and train staff.
- Provide an easy and joyful user experience throughout the site, utilizing white space, smooth transitions between page segments, unified appearance and intuitive navigation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Website Development
- Website Design
- Project Management
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Proven experience designing and implementing dynamic and interactive websites.
- Squarespace background preferred.
- Medium project, estimate 40-70 hours over a 3-4 month period.
- Flexible hours with your schedule.
- Desk space at their new downtown Portland location is available if/when working onsite per our COVID policy.
- The Executive Director is the project champion.
- Access to key staff will be provided.
- The selected candidate must have their own computer, software and tech.
- This is a pro bono opportunity.
To view this opportunity, visit our website.
For more information, contact Monica Wirtz at email@example.com.